Is a Professional Organiser the same as a cleaner or housekeeper?
Professional Organisers often get asked this question, and the answer is a resounding NO! AAPO's Immediate Past President, Wendy Davie, from Totally Organised, recently wrote about the difference, and I'm pleased to share her very clear explanation.
There are a few differences between these professions. Some of these are:
* A Professional Organiser does not come in and clear your space without you being involved in the process.
* A Professional Organiser will transfer the skills of being more organised while working with you.
* A Professional Organiser should be involved in some Professional Development and Education relating to clutter, hoarding, strategies and project management etc.
* A Professional Organiser will teach you how to increase your productivity.
* A Professional Organiser should be involved with their Professional Association and work to build the industry profile.
* A Professional Organiser does not offer "Cleaning" services.