National Organising Week 2012
National Organising Week 2012, our first fully AAPO driven campaign, built on the concept of the 5 Step Organising Challenge by centring NOW around the theme of conquering 5 common organising Challenges in 5 steps over 5 Days.
We posed the question: What room or task, if organised would change your life? And what a response we had.
By using the 5 steps
- Have a Vision
- Clean and Clear
- Sort and Purge
- Assign, Store and Label
We assisted people all over Australia, New Zealand and Singapore to organise their
- Home Office and Paperwork
- Kitchen Pantry
- Child’s Bedroom
- Wardrobe and
A 34% increase in our Facebook followers meant we were delighted to reach well over 14600 users and 53% of visitors to our website were new.
The brilliant PR Committee launched the AAPO Channel on YouTube and our President addressed members across the nation during The Nationally Organised Breakfast where 41 members sat down 'together' for breakfast on the Friday morning in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle and across the globe in Croatia to celebrate AAPO and all this organising.
Our members were busy too.
- The Melbourne forum initiated the first eMag style directory of Victorian members. Huge thanks to Tanya Lea, Sue Glasser and MaryAnne Bennie who were the main drivers of this initiative.
- The Perth forum wowed market goers with their fabulous activity stall aimed at Getting Children Organised. While the kids participated in some fun organising challenges, their parents learned some great tips and strategies from our WA members.
- The Sydney forum gave a little bit back to the community during NOW providing the Vinnies outlet at Rozelle with some hands on organising assistance.
- Individual members’ hosted workshops, lectures, on line chats, radio and press interviews and participated across our social media forums.
- The AAPO orange was seen loud and proud across the continent as members donned the AAPO T-shirts.
- Georgina Wong took Singapore by storm hosting fantastic workshops, forums and attracting great press while launching Singapore’s first ever NOW
A huge thanks to the NOW Subcommittee, the PR Subcommittee, the National Executive, sponsors and community organisations that came on board. But as always, the greatest thanks must be to those passionate professional organisers who gave their time and effort to promote their industry and put Professional Organising in the national spotlight.
National Organising Week 2013 will be back this September.